Join us for this stunningly beautiful and intensely hard eight mile race through the Marin Headlands. The course is an eight mile loop with incredible scenery and approximately 1,500 feet of climbing. The race begins at the Gerbode Valley Trail parking area and proceeds up and over the famed Miwok Trail to Tennessee Valley, then back up the Marincello Trail to eventually meet up with the Rodeo Valley trail to head back to the finish. Along the route, runners will encounter sweeping vistas of the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco skyline and the Pacific Ocean. No part of the course is repeated.
Cash Prizes for Overall Male and Female
Cash prizes of $250 will be given to each of the top male and female finishers.
Special awards will be given to those racers who can complete the 8 mile course with lightning speed.
Male: 60 minutes
Female: 67 minutes
Awards will be given to each age group winner. Age group categories for male and female are: 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-120.
The race will begin at 7am.
There is plenty of parking at the race start. The race will begin at the Gerbode Valley Trail parking area on Smith Rd.
There will be one water station at the Tennessee Valley parking lot.
Race check-in will be held at Sports Basement, 610 Old Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94129 on Friday, May 11 from 4-8pm. We will be hosting a special happy hour and all participants will enjoy a 20% shopping discount. Runners may also pick up their bibs on race day at the race starting at 6am.
- Absolutely no exchanging, transferring or selling of bibs to others.
- The event as planned may change due to weather, permits, etc.
- Minimum age: 10 years of age
- Cancellation Policy: All race participant purchases are final. If, for any reason, you cannot participate, the entry fee will not be refunded.
- No strollers or dogs are allowed on the course.
- Each runner’s official race number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
- Use of iPods and mp3 players is strongly discouraged for safety reasons. Please take caution if you plan on running with music for your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Runners must follow the marked trail at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
- Protect The National Park and please be polite.
- Absolutely no littering.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs allowed on the course.
- Only attempt to pass another runner when it is safe for both you and the other runner to do so. When passing, make every attempt to pass on their left, unless it is unsafe. Announce your intention to pass by saying, “passing on your left” (or right, if it is unsafe to pass on their left). Provided it is safe to do so, yield to any runner who announces his/her intention to pass, by stepping off the trail.
- Be prepared to share the trail with runners coming from the opposite direction.
Copyright @ Red Rocket Racing, LLC. All Right Reserved